About the solution
The board can be placed in two different positions:
- On user’s tights, with the shelf is titled by a flap mounted on hinges, with a slat at the front that prevents the book from slipping;
- On the armrests, allowing the user to regularly lift himself from his seats (this is important in order to avoid pressure sores) using the hands without removing the shelf. This is fixed on a wooden lath by means of two clamping blocks, pierced with a hole which allows to put them on the armrests. It can slide back and forth.
René used the following materials:
• Triplex plates 20 x 35 x 0.6 and 28 x 6.5 x 0.3 cm
• Wooden slats of 35 x 1.8 x 0.4 and 50 x 3 x 1 cm
• Wooden slats (for glue blocks) 10 x 3 x 1 cm
• Wooden blocks 4 x 6 x 5 cm
• Hinges, screws, glue.
Adapted from: http://bit.ly/2q6FeDb
This solution shall not include mention to the use of drugs, chemicals or biologicals (including food); invasive devices; offensive, commercial or inherently dangerous content. This solution was not medically validated. Proceed with caution! If you have any doubts, please consult with a health professional.
Wijit - lever drive & braking system for manual wheelchairs
Man invents lift to help his parents
Father invents support for his daughter
Spinal muscular atrophy
Hereditary spastic paraplegia
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Developmental motor skills disorders
Hereditary motor neurone disease
Motor developmental delay
Duchenne muscular dystrophy